How long will my bank transfer take?
|1 to 5 days|
(Not including weekends and holidays)
|Up to 14 days|
(Not including weekends and holidays)
How fast is rapid bank transfer?
Rapid bank transfer is instant. Once transferred the transfer will appear pending in your bank account until they clear it. Rapid bank transfer is only for US customers and banks.
Why does standard bank transfer take time?
When transferring money to a bank, XTRM chooses the lowest cost and fastest route for you. Some countries have faster bank transfers than others. If there is no low cost and fast (typically free) route available such as low cost ACH in the US, then we will send via SWIFT or WIRE. Wires are a very old and traditional bank transfer method and take time.
- Bank transfers can take from 2 to 7 business days. This does not include weekends when banks are closed.
- Exotic currencies can take up to 14 business days, occasionally more. This does not include weekends when banks are closed.
Unfortunately, XTRM has no control of the time that bank transfers take or how quick returns come back to us. We really wish we did! Please try to be patient and understand that if you did enter incorrect information your money will bounce back and be credited to your wallet.
I transferred my money using standard bank transfer but it has not arrived?
If you entered the bank details incorrectly it will be returned by the banks. The timing of this is unfortunately 100% out of our control. Once it returns, it will be reflected in your wallet and you will be alerted by email. You can then delete your old bank and relink a new bank with the correct information and re-transfer.
We have no ability to stop a transfer once it has been sent. Nor can we accelerate a return. We really wish we could.
I read the above but I want more details?
After you initiate a transfer there are only 2 outcomes:
1) The bank details are correct and it will be successful. > 99.8%
2) The bank details are wrong and the bank cant match your account and it will be returned. < 0.2%
Please read these points:
- Of the < 0.2% of failed transfers, almost all are caused by entering incorrect bank details. Please be really careful when linking. A very few are rejected for compliance reasons.
- In the USA make sure you are using the correct ABA routing number for ACH. Some banks have 2, one for ACH and one for WIRE. Please use the one for ACH. If you are not sure, please ask your bank.
- We don't know it has failed until it is returned. There is no way around that. That is the way EFT works.
- Return time takes from a few days to a few weeks or sometimes even longer for foreign transfers.
- We can request a bank trace but that often takes longer than waiting for a return.
- Once funds return we instantly credit the users wallet and notify them via email of the issue.
- Users with returns need to delete and carefully relink their bank.
- In some cases we will delete their bank for them.
- Managing companies can delete and relink banks for their customers.
My bank says they didnt receive the transfer?
If you bank is denying any receipt of the transfer please provide them with the Swift details document. You or your customer can find this by going to the transfer transaction details and clicking the link to download the PDF of the swift confirmation. See below. If this is presented to the bank, this helps the bank locate the payment and credit your account. Sometimes the banks receive the payment but don't apply it to your account for various reasons. Sometimes a call from you is all that is needed for them to apply the credit.
Please note that sometimes we transfer using an alternate cheaper and faster method instead of a swift wire. This is referred to as a 'low value' transfer and in this case there is no swift confirmation and no MT103 description.